Configuring a user input step
First, create a form to use for this workflow. The go to the Form Settings, Workflow tab to configure your User Input step.
Click on the 'Add New' button to add a new Workflow Step. Configure the following settings to set up the User Input step.
- Give the step a Name to uniquely identify it in the list of steps.
- Select ' User Input' from the Step setting.
- Assign the entry to the user whose input is required in the Select Assignees setting. Click on the user in the list of users on the left to move it to the list of assignees on the right.
- Define which of the fields should be editable by clicking on the field in the list on the left to move it to the list of editable fields on the right.
- If any of the fields have conditional logic then the "Enable field conditional logic" setting will be available. Leave this setting deactivated to override the conditional logic and display all the selected editable fields.
- The editable fields will be highlighted if the "Highlight Editable Fields" setting is selected. Options for highlighting are: green triangle and green background.
- Select the appropriate assignee policy.
- Optionally add instructions to the top of the page for this step.
- Select the display fields that should appear on this step.
- Select the option for the default status. User input steps can be submitted immediately (complete) or saved for later (in progress).
- The Workflow note is a special field above the update button. The content of this field is not stored in the entry, it's added to the timeline. You can choose to make the note required depending on the status.
- If the Email setting enabled, an email will be sent to the assignee informing them that there is a task pending in their inbox. Enabled the reminder setting to resend the email after a specified number of days.
- The expiration setting allows you to set a time limit for this step.
- Select the next step once this step is complete. If there are no more steps in the list then the Workflow will be complete
Example Screenshots of the User Input step
Editable fields highlighted with a green background
Editable fields highlighted with a green triangle